I think we all have coveted the sky-high bun and wished on too many stars that our hair would be able to get this style. Well have no fear, I have found a way to achieve this look in the mean time!
What you will need:
- Styling products (moisturizer, pomade, gel, whatever you may need to ensure hold)
- 1-2 Packs of Kanekalon braiding hair (make sure you get the right color match)
- Bobby pins! Lots and lots of bobby pins
- No snag ponytail holder
- Water bottle with your favorite hair prep mix.
- Blow-dryer (optional, some women may choose to use a stretching technique in order to obtain maximum length)
Now getting started:
Prepping the Hair:
For those of you you have enough hair to easily slip into a ponytail, you may want to use your water mix in order to hold it in place, make it more manageable and help it react better to your styling products.
Those of you who chose a stretching method of your choice should further prep you hair post-stretch with moisturizer.
Blow Dryer users are encouraged to use a low setting, and a heat protectant. You may want to incorporate a stretching method while blow drying to speed up the process
- Once you have successfully gotten your hair to maximum length, simply put it into a ponytail. Some of you may opt to braid your hair to provide a neater experience, some of you may put out that good ol' Eco Styler.
- Once this is done, you get to the hardest part: Dealing with the kanekalon. This hair can tangle VERY EASILY so I advise you not to rush through this part. You may choose to braid the hair, twist it, or simply wrap it around your ponytail (which is easiest)
- Once you have prepared your "bun", take one end of it and safely secure it to the base of your ponytail. You can wrap the hair around the base, making sure to secure it often using bobby pins
*Make sure to avoid and over-fake look by piling too much hair on your ponytail, the main purpose of any weave is to look realistic.